A minimum of 200cm2 ventilation opening must be provided at both the top and the bottom of the cabinetry to allow for appropriate air flow. There are three ways an appliance can be ventilated; above cupboard, into a well ventilated ceiling space or at the top of the unit.
If a Liebherr appliance does not have adequate ventilation this can damage the appliances cooling system. Poor ventilation will affect the performance and efficiency resulting in the below potential issues:
– Use more energy.
– Not maintain temperature.
– Excessive condensation can cause damage to surrounding cabinetry.
– Cause the compressor to overheat and fail.
– Cause irreparable damage to the cooling system.
– Shorten the life of the appliance.
It is essential that installers ensure minimum ventilation requirements are provided in accordance with the installation instructions that accompany the actual Liebherr integrated appliance. If an appliance faults due to incorrect installation or inadequate ventilation it may not be covered by warranty.